Choosing the VET by EHL programme14 August 2023 2023-11-28 14:46
Choosing the VET by EHL programme
Why choose the VET by EHL programme?
The VET by EHL programme is designed to develop the professional skills and knowledge required in the hospitality industry and to pass on the professional expertise that will enable graduates to work safely and competently.
Students graduating from this programme will be able to work independently in the front-facing and housekeeping departments and will be well-equipped to enter the industry and reach a supervisory position within a short period of time.Graduates will also be well-placed to play an administrative role within the management team of a host company.
- As hosts, they welcome guests according to the establishment’s guidelines and ensure that the guest experience is a welcoming one.
- They think and act in line with the hotel management and are guest and team-oriented.
- They are aware of the importance of cleanliness, maintenance and laundry work, as well as organisational tasks, including logistics for all back-office activities.
- They can make effective use of an asset management system. They can make reservations, check people in and out, issue invoices and collect receipts.
- They are familiar with the principles of health and safety in the workplace.They ensure that premises, installations and equipment are carefully looked after and that energy and equipment are used economically.
- They prepare for service, both on a daily basis and for events, and advise customers on appropriate drinks.